Thursday, January 07, 2016

Praying for Earthquake victims!


To all my friends in Manipur and  other northeastern states of India who experienced tremors and earthquakes and also to past earthquake victims in Nepal, Japan, Peru, Papua New Guinea, Afganistan, Indonesia, Chile, Solomon Islands, Haiti, Pakistan I offer Deep condolences to the people who have lost their lives, property, family and friends in the recent earthquake in Manipur. At this moment words would be superfluous. I encourage you to be strong. We uphold you all in our prayers. To those who are thinking 'Why Did God Allow This?'. Let me tell you that, God's intention is never to kill or destroy us. In fact, God is “not willing that any should perish” (II Pet. 3:9) and God's purpose is to “have all men to be saved” (I Tim. 2:4). In this difficult situation let me encourage that God loves us all. Isaiah 54:10- "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." Amen! Even in the midst of rubbles of destruction and panic, we still want to cry out for help because your love is unfailing. We request you, God to please comfort us.

No comments: